3rd Shift CyberSOC Consultant
The Information Security Operations Consultant position will be specific to morning watch (12 AM to 9 AM) and part of Security Risk Advisors’ CyberSOC Team. This role will be involved in the day-to-day, 24x7, operations of the SOC. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a wide variety of tool sets and various client organizations.
- Eyes on glass security monitoring for threats.
- Respond to alerts, investigate to determine if they are true positive or false positive.
- Use the latest security monitoring technologies to detect malware and hackers.
- Use Security Information Event Management tools (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), and Network Security Monitoring tools (NSM) such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, RSA, IBM, Symantec, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- 1-3 years of professional experience, campus applicants are welcome.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- A demonstrated passion for technology.
- Work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Experience or coursework around incident investigation and forensics, information security and computer networking.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering Technology or equivalent subject matter.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work non-core hours including weekends and night shifts