Information Cyber Security Operations Consultant (Ireland)
The Information Cyber Security Operations Consultant position will be specific to morning watch (6 AM to 2 PM) and part of Security Risk Advisors’ CyberSOC Team. This role will be involved in the day-to-day, 24x7, operations of the CyberSOC. This is an outstanding opportunity to work alongside experienced information security professionals with a wide variety of cutting-edge tool sets and serving our customers in a wide variety of industry verticals. This opportunity represents an excellent opportunity to break into, or advance in, the cybersecurity field.
- The Information Cyber Security Operations Consultant is responsible for the evaluation of all incidents, events, security, vulnerabilities, monitoring, coordination and reporting on cyber incidents impacting our global clients.
- Investigate security events; follow pre-defined actions to handle monitoring incidents, events and high severity issues including escalating to other support groups.
- Use the latest security monitoring technologies to detect malware and hackers.
- Use Security Information Event Management tools (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), and Network Security Monitoring tools (NSM) such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, RSA, IBM, Symantec, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical (tuning) improvements.
- Use SIEM technology to provide analysis and trending of security log data from diverse security devices and other network collectors.
- Provide incident response support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Coordinate with the team on activities impacting customer operations.
- Undertake professional development and certification opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ professional experience in IT industry/Network engineering. University graduate and IT crossover applicants are welcome.
- Training provided.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A demonstrated passion for technology.
- Work effectively as part of a team yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Experience or coursework around incident investigation and forensics, information security and computer networking.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject matter.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work non-core hours including weekends and early morning shifts
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour.
- Excellent customer service ethos.
4% match pension scheme, full family VHI and dental cover, compressed hours, laptop provided, training/education allowance.
Security Risk Advisors is a 120+ person fast-growing cyber security consulting company. Our clients are concentrated in the Fortune 1000 and Global 1000. We have a fast-paced, agile and fun culture that focuses exclusively on cutting edge cybersecurity engagements that solve the emerging needs of our clients. Our environment fosters the continuous professional development necessary to remain at the top of our game. We are a Philadelphia-based company and our team members maintain flexible hours through a combination of work from home and reasonable travel.